At The Grange, we aim to provide a smooth and positive transition for Prep children and their families. Our transition program offers a range of activities and events to introduce children and their families into our College. Prep is a very exciting time for children and their families and through our ongoing transition program we aim to welcome families and involve them in their child’s education through developing partnership with families as their child starts their seamless education from Prep through to Year 12 at The Grange.
Some of these activities include:
•Meeting parents and their children on School Tours
•Information evening held in October.
• School transition visits- three 1.5 hour sessions will be held in November.
• Contact made with the child’s Kindergarten/Childcare centre
• Prep Teachers read Transition Statements from Kindergarten Teachers
• School wide Step up Day where Prep children meet their teacher and classmates in their classrooms- December
•Parent information sessions
• Prep Interviews- Beginning Term 1
•Sausage sizzle family night held in Term 1
Families are given the opportunity at the parent information sessions to:
•Discuss strategies to help children adjust to starting school
•Find out how they can get involved in children’s learning at home and at school
• Develop effective family-school partnerships
•Meet other families and build social networks
• Ask any questions they may have
We look forward to working in partnership with you and your family and especially look forward to educating your child. Our transition program lays the foundations for your child’s successful start at school through involving families in their child’s education and supporting children to adjust to school life.
|PrepHandbook 2012.pdf||632.44 KB|