Dear parents, carers and students,

As you know I have always said I will immediately let you know if we have a confirmed case of Covid19 at our College. Please see my letter below.

Our school has been advised of a reported case of coronavirus (COVID-19).

This case has been reported to the Department of Education and Training (DET), and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is currently undertaking further investigation.

As a precautionary measure, The Grange P -12 College will be closed for 24 hours initially, or until we receive advice it can re-open. The school will be closed to all students, staff and members of the community.

All students are asked to stay at home until further advice is provided.

Remote learning will continue, all Yr. 12 students will need to engage with their subject teachers who will continue to deliver both VCE and VCAL programs remotely. All Prep to Year 10 classes will continue online.

We will provide further information following confirmation of advice from DHHS.

More Information
I am very aware that this is a time of heightened anxiety for us all. The people best placed to answer your questions are the DET staff who are supporting us. You can contact them on the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline on 1800 338 663, Monday to Friday during business hours. If you call them, please be clear that you are calling in relation to The Grange P- 12 College, and they will provide as much information as they can.

For school information in your language, call TIS National on 131 450. Please ask them to call the DET coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline on 1800 338 663 and they will help interpret.

For health advice in other languages visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au.

Thank you for your support, and I will provide any further information as soon as I receive any updates.

David Smillie
Principal

The Grange P- 12 College