Selecting a school for your child will help shape their future. It is important to choose a school that will meet the academic and social needs of your child.
At The Grange P – 12 College our school community aims to provide all students with an educational setting that:
- Is engaging, challenging and caters for individual needs
- Is safe and promotes positive wellbeing
- Meets individual academic and pastoral needs and prepares students for higher education and/or employment
- Promotes participation and empowerment of children. Develops effective communication skills, promotes a sense of belonging to our community
- Is underpinned by our College Values of Respect, Learning and Working Together.
The following initiatives support our aims:
- A strong focus on building high-level skills in Literacy and Numeracy and specialised classes to cater for individual learning needs.
- A new innovative STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Program that encompasses students solving complex problems by working collaboratively on projects that utilises leading edge technologies such as coding, robotics, 3D printing etc.
- A specialised program focussing on Sports and Science. Students will experience highly individualised programmes around Soccer, Volleyball and Rugby. These specialised programs will be supported via relationships with sports clubs and Deakin and Victoria Universities. Students will also be offered specialised electives tailored around: Exercise Science, Health and Wellbeing, Human Movement and Sports Science Academy Sub School. All of these programs will be designed to lead into VET, VCAL and VCE Study.
- We have also established partnerships with the National Rugby League and Rugby Victoria to develop an elite coaching program for students from Grades 5-12.
- Students also engage in our Athletics Development Program two mornings per week in our specialised training gymnasium.
- A highly effective “School Wide Positive Behaviour Program” across Preps to Year 12. School Counsellors are embedded in each of the Sub-Schools.
- A comprehensive Information Technology program that has created a more dynamic learning environment.
- A High Achievers Program (HAP) Program is part of our Year 7 program and is designed to enrich and extend students learning.
- A language program encompassing the Hindi culture at Years Prep – 6 and expanding to Secondary Year Levels.
I am very confident that The Grange P – 12 College will provide an excellent education for your child across all stages of learning from Prep to Year 12. Our structure provides a great opportunity for continual, highly monitored and supportive learning as well as to really know and build excellent relationships with families.
I very much look forward to working with you when you choose our College for your child.