Teachers at The Grange P-12 College seek to make learning a positive experience for our students. To this end, we use a common lesson structure in our classrooms to provide an evidence based, effective and balanced framework for all learning: the Four Part Lesson Structure (4PLS)
This model includes:
- Setting goals for the lesson and tuning in to the topic.
- Explicit and direct teaching in a mini lesson
- Time for students to practise independently and collaboratively, with teacher support.
- Time for setting homework and reflecting on the learning in the lesson.
Teachers are involved in ongoing professional development around curriculum (the what) and pedagogy (the how) throughout the year, focussing on skill enrichment in areas such as:
- Differentiation: making the learning accessible to all students
- Addressing the literacy demands in all subjects across the curriculum
- Curriculum planning: ensuring that all students are guaranteed a robust and viable learning experience
- Innovation: keeping our teachers up to date with the latest in educational technologies and professional advancements to maximize student learning growth.
Student Reports now available via Compass https://thegrange-vic.compass.education The College uses Compass to communicate Student Reports regarding assessment and learning progress.…Read More
Our Callistemon Campus is home to approximately 800 students in Years Prep to 6. Our students come from a diverse…Read More
Our Year 7 - 12 Campus in Deloraine Drive provides a resourced and mature learning environment. It extends the experiences…Read More
"Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence." Colin Powell At The Grange…Read More
Our College has a strong commitment to work with and reflect the needs of our local community and importantly create…Read More
The Grange P-12 College is a Prep to Year 12 government school located in the outer western suburb of Hoppers Crossing, Melbourne, Australia. The…Read More
BRAIN BOOST – How sport and physical activity enhance children’s learning. (Prep-Year 6) We are extremely fortunate to have a…Read More
Student Advanced Learning Tutorials (SALT) Program The Grange P-12 College is committed to improving the learning outcomes for all our…Read More
Our Sports Science Program builds faster, stronger, more tactically advanced student athletes through the Athlete Development Program and our 4…Read More